Day 7... They say you pack your fears...


Well if that's true... then I have just had to get rid of a few of mine.

A short blog today... owing to the fact that I was incapacitated by a stomach bug. Don't worry I will spare you the details ... but a different version of the Ecuador Diet is underway.

Firstly... thank you for all the kind messages and comments of support... its been a crap day (choice of words deliberate!!😂)

So today, aside from doing little else, worried about straying too far from the 'safety' of my room. I enacted my plan on how to continue with a broken seat pack.

You may remember that I rigged a fix by zip tying the clip but it is prone to unclipping with bumps. So I needed to remove kit, redistribute, work out what I could do without and what was really necessary!

It's funny how hard that it is, to tell yourself you will probably never need that ... or I may need that but I can use something else or buy it. Over here it is harder to just buy something you need, especially in the small villages. But how much do you NEED it was the question. A bit easier to answer after a few days in the country and a little knowledge of how things work.

I confirmed with the hotel that they could post some kit back to the hotel in Quito... they said they could, so I sat down and went through my meagre posessions.
Spare socks.... naah
extra layer of clothing... naah

and so it went on....
I decided to keep the seat pack but with just my raincoat in, as perhaps could use to put a bit of food in as well without putting too much stress on the clip.

In the end, with a bit of redistribution, I didn't have to get rid of much and so most of  my fears stay packed for a little while longer.



Comments

  1. Hard luck Lyd. Hope your stomach gets back to normal soon. You've never had trouble before, probably because you travelled in countries similar to Great Britain, namely USA and New Zealand. The hygiene is not quite so good elsewhere. When I go abroad I always get bad stomachs and I expect it. But hopefully yours will clear up soon. One good thing about the forced stopover is that it will help you acclimatise a bit better. Keep your chin up, stay safe. Love Dad xx.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5... It's all downhill from here...

Day 17.. Blessings in the wind

Day 3... Hard hits