Day 13... A new path!

Yesterday, as I was trudging up the dry dusty slopes of the track by the river, one thought was running round my head.... is there a point to this???

I wasn't in a bad headspace... I felt ok... but yet I wondered....

Slogging my guts out is fine... I have no problem with that as a general rule, but there must be a purpose attached, even for one as CraZy as me.  I could continue to plod upwards every day for the next 10 days or so, but the truth is, I wouldn't be much further down the road, wouldn't have seen much different, wouldn't have had much to say in the blogs other than...
'another day uphill on cobbles'

I love Ecuador, the rugged beauty, the eucalyptus pervading the senses, the warm breezes... I don't love the cobbles or the dogs!!!

Whilst the beauty of this country is evident in the sights I have seen and some of the photos I have taken, is the time I have in this country better spent, to entertain and find a different adventure in which to add to the CraZy???

Whilst some may call this giving up, throwing in the towel... I simply shrug as I have pushed myself to the limit and I will do so again, climbing Cotopaxi in 2 weeks time, hopefully still earning the sponsorship given and perhaps being worthy of more.

Sometimes it is better to stop and find a different path.

Sometimes that calls for more courage, to face up to the fact that Plan A and plan B didn't work so now it is time for plan C!

And plan C is what I have spent the day preparing!!! On Saturday night I will be transported to Coca, the gateway to the Yasuni National Park in the Heart of the Amazon Rainforest. There I will embark on an adventure of hikes and canoes amidst the native Kichwa community.
Its not a bad plan C!! I am hoping that you follow SPOT along this journey and more blogs will be forthcoming when I get back to "civilisation".

I will then as planned climb Cotopaxi to earn your sponsorship. I will of course be taking the flags with me on this new adventure.

I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed, if anyone feels that I have not put my all into this... I assure you I have and will continue to do so... just on a slightly different path from the one I set out on. 


I hope you continue to follow this journey... I think its going to get a hell of a lot more interesting!!! 

Fight the Fear... Embrace The Randomness... but above all....
Go With The CraZy!





Comments

  1. Love life..indeed. In the midst of the struggle, hope remains. Good luck Lid.xx Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great. Wish Mum and I had done it. We know you are a tough lady, so it is not so much giving up as you not being able to get to where you want in the time available. If anybody has been up that high will know, it is a lot more tougher than down at sea level. You gave it your all and I am sure you will give your all for whatever you decide to do now. It sounds interesting. Just take care of yourself. Be Safe. Love Dad xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mate you are amazing, big hug and here's to new adventures & experiences. mx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5... It's all downhill from here...

Day 17.. Blessings in the wind

Day 3... Hard hits